Since its founding in 2003 Metix
has had the following success:
- Merger with SMS Siemag the largest ferroalloy technology supplier in the World
- Predominance in the furnace technology equipment supply in Southern Africa (50%)
- ZAR 2.3 billion EPC contracts over 5 years on time and within budget
- Supply of 1,9m Soderberg electrode systems to the largest ferromanganese furnace in South Africa.
- Design input and supply of furnace electrode systems, roof and lining to the largest silicon manganese furnace in China (67.5 MVA)
- Full design and implementation of SMS Siemag's six- inline rectangular furnace at Metix HO in Southern Africa
- Supply and installation of the most (6) and largest (1.2mt) chromite sinter plants in Southern Africa.
- Installation of the largest ferrochrome furnace(78MVA) in South Africa
- Penetration into other parts of the world including Africa, China, India and Russia